Christmas season is just started and here are some ways to decorate your home Scandinavian style. I have taken inspiration from various trends and tried to incorporate them to create a white and silver theme with strong black and wooden elements.
As we want our space to feel christmassy but also elegant and simple without having too much decor clutter,
These are some easy tips to change up your space for Christmas.
Keep most of your colour scheme white, you can also add some red/green colour
Garlands are very easy to decorate with, ex: around the door, on the dining table.
Christmas trees can be tricky to decorate but a good way is to stick with one colour ornaments for a cleaner look
Changing out hand clothes in the kitchen can instantly spice up the kitchen for christmas.
ikea is everyones favorite home decor store. Its simple, minimalistic and very affordable. One of the best things of ikea is that their style often resembles the Scandinavian and danish decor: white and black, clean lines, simplicity and modern.
With their furniture being so simple, you can even customise each piece to your own liking.
With winter being around the corner, these are some way your can change your bedroom and make it more cozy with it still being minimal and scandinavian inspired.
Check out these 9 bedroom decor ideas from IKEA:
Make a make shift hammock in your room for those cold late night relaxing vibes.
2. Add a soft colour blanket for some extra coziness and extra warmth.
3. Adding Simple yet artistic pictures of plants gives the space more colour and identity. These ones are super minimal just white frames and a pop of green.
4. Candles are the ultimate item to own for winter. They scream cozy, comfy, take a bath, put that netflix on and relax.
5. Switch out your white lights for some yellow lighting for that spa like environment.
6. Buy some books for your side table. Reading before sleeping helps to grow your mind and soul.
The below bedroom look is one of my favourites for the summer. Scandinavian bedrooms are usually kept very minimal, white and airy, The bedroom easily incorporates whites, browns and blacks for that scandinavian look. Adding pieces like rugs and stools to add a little more pop of colour can make your place feel homely.
Scandinavian design is all about functionality, simplicity and minimalism, there should be harmony between all the elements in the room making it come together as one. As your bedroom is one of the few important rooms in the house, having it clean and minimal helps you de-clutter your mind and body while you sleep.
Check out these 50 summer scandinavian interior design inspirational images for your house. Scandinavian decor is still so trendy these days and for summer i find that it makes your house very minimal, clean, white, airy and fresh.
Some ways that you can incoporate trendy scandinvian decor into your house is as follows:
White furniture ( you can also add some white cushions, white table linen, white comforter and so on)
Wooden elements which gives it a more cozy and brings nature into the space
Plants are very important but try and keep it minimal as it just adds a pop of color to the space
Summer is coming up soon or may have already started where you are, and these are some ways you can make the transition from spring to summer. Scandinavian decor works so well during summer because of its simplicity and elegance. Summer is mostly directed to minimal, clean and bright spaces for a peace of mind during the heat.
The best way to incorporate summer into your home is to have a white base and add some wood accent features throughout the space. For a more cohesive look, try and match all the wood color and texture. It makes the room seem more put together and luxurious in its own scandinavian way.
These are five ideas to help you make the transition:
Use transparent type chairs to open the space. In the image you can see how the the space is more brighter and bigger due the the opacity – ness of the chairs. This creates a beautiful summery aesthetic for your home. The color of the chairs are also very important because it helps with neutralizing the space by matching it to the walls and surrounding.
2. Pops of colour. Summer is the best time for color but for a scandi design too much color can look very messy and busy. Using just a pop of color in the more muted/ pastel zone can help bring some summer to your home. If you still feel the color is too strong, opting for some plants can also do the trick.
3. If you still feel the color is too strong, opting for some plants can also do the trick. In the image below, you can see how simple and clean the green looks with the black and white, this helps to bring in some color for summer but simple remain true to the scandinavian design.
4. Allow as much a light to enter, it gives the illusion of larger spaces. Reflecting light is very important for scandinavian design. It is one of their main features because the enlarges the space to seem bigger. In the image below you can see how small the bathroom really is but because of the light source coming from the ceiling and reflecting on the white marble walls, it just makes the space seem so much more bigger.
5. Having white clean surfaces, allows light to reflect making the space seem very bright and summery. Try to not keep many items on your counter space as it can look very cluttered and especially for small spaces, it can make it look even more congested.
Getting work done at home can be a challenge when there are so many distractions around. Creating a small home office / study can help you focus and you are most likely to concentrate on the work while you are there.
I found this image on pinterest, and tried to find similar items so that you can achieve a similar look. The elements are mostly wooden and black, which gives a scandi feel.
Its a great space saver technique if you are working with smaller sqm.
IKEA is the home to Scandinavian decor. Their features are very clean, minimal and white. I thought it would be a challenge to choose the black decor pieces and try to incorporate into your home. Black decor pieces make a statement and you don’t want to overpower the white. Adding these small touches here and there can make your living area very classy and elegant.
A few examples on how you can use these elements in your own place.
Contrasting colours like black and white can seem to make the house very less colourful but it gives it a very clean and minimal scandinavian look. Adding small accents here and there, like with a clock, pillows or throws can change your space without breaking the bank.
If you want to corporate colour the best way is to use wood features which makes your space seem more homely.
Scandinavian Interior is one of the most popular trend right now. I wanted to combine Scandinavian and Boho to see what happens, and honestly I’m not mad. I used big pieces like the couch and coffee table to emphasise the Scandinavian simple and clean look. Using colour and small decor pieces from H & M home i completed the Boho look.
This is a small mood board where I tried to show how I put them together to create a new Scandinavian boho look.
These are some ideas and details on how to create a cozy environment in your house. We always have the place in our house where no one really uses and its wasted space, and turning it into a cozy little area for you or your friends to just relax, read a book or chill at will definitely give its purpose!
Dining table benches are very in this year! They are great space savers and can provide more seating areas.
One of the ways you can cozy up the place is by adding shelves.
Adding a pop of warm colour makes the area seem more inviting.
10+ Easy Bathroom Organization Tips. Time to purge, organize, declutter and clean! I love using these organization tips to utilize the space we have! These are some simple and easy ways you could re do your bathroom without spending a fortune but making it look like a million dollars 😉