Christmas season is just started and here are some ways to decorate your home Scandinavian style. I have taken inspiration from various trends and tried to incorporate them to create a white and silver theme with strong black and wooden elements.
As we want our space to feel christmassy but also elegant and simple without having too much decor clutter,
These are some easy tips to change up your space for Christmas.
Keep most of your colour scheme white, you can also add some red/green colour
Garlands are very easy to decorate with, ex: around the door, on the dining table.
Christmas trees can be tricky to decorate but a good way is to stick with one colour ornaments for a cleaner look
Changing out hand clothes in the kitchen can instantly spice up the kitchen for christmas.
Monochrome is one of the easiest ways you can include scandinavian design into your home. It principle is based on modern simplicity. Although having just a black and white room can seem very dull for the eye. Adding small touches of gold instantly changes the home into a more grand space and gives it more class.
Small touches in the living room, example adding a gold mirror or maybe a centre table or even something more simpler like the accent peices in the below images can really help change the whole feel of the space.
Honestly, its one of the more simple and affordable ways to revamp your space with minimal effort and looks like a million dollars.
Below I have included all the types rooms in which you can try and incorporate in your home.
Check out these tricks to use when you want to make your pantry free organized and clean. These are some tips I found on how to maximise space and also keep it organized and neat.
I think having a pantry aesthetically pleasing to the eye can make your kitchen a more inviting place. One of the main tips for a clean kitchen is to de-clutter everything you have from utensils to spices. twice. I keep finding myself back in the kitchen trying to reduce how many things I dont use.
1. Keeping all types for containers together can make the space organized. Also investing in the same type of container. Mason jars are now in and can really make your pantry look lavish!
2. Here is another example on how having the same container can help organize the shelf. Also labelling it with some kind of label maker or chalk writing can give a more functional use.
3. Adding some exposed shelves outside the normal pantry are can add more storage to the space.
4. Magnetic strips on the back of doors and cupboards for cutlery helps create more storage room.
5. White is a very clean colour and help opening up the space
6. Try to maximise shelving height
7. Try emptying out the boxed / packaged goods into jars
8. Adding little tags on them are also a great idea
Backsplash can really make the kitchen. Colour and tiles play an important role on how the kitchen can make you feel. Check out these ideas on clean, minimal and scandinavian inspired look that can really turn your kitchen into a place you love!