Getting work done at home can be a challenge when there are so many distractions around. Creating a small home office / study can help you focus and you are most likely to concentrate on the work while you are there.
I found this image on pinterest, and tried to find similar items so that you can achieve a similar look. The elements are mostly wooden and black, which gives a scandi feel.
Its a great space saver technique if you are working with smaller sqm.
IKEA is the home to Scandinavian decor. Their features are very clean, minimal and white. I thought it would be a challenge to choose the black decor pieces and try to incorporate into your home. Black decor pieces make a statement and you don’t want to overpower the white. Adding these small touches here and there can make your living area very classy and elegant.
A few examples on how you can use these elements in your own place.
Contrasting colours like black and white can seem to make the house very less colourful but it gives it a very clean and minimal scandinavian look. Adding small accents here and there, like with a clock, pillows or throws can change your space without breaking the bank.
If you want to corporate colour the best way is to use wood features which makes your space seem more homely.
Scandinavian Interior is one of the most popular trend right now. I wanted to combine Scandinavian and Boho to see what happens, and honestly I’m not mad. I used big pieces like the couch and coffee table to emphasise the Scandinavian simple and clean look. Using colour and small decor pieces from H & M home i completed the Boho look.
This is a small mood board where I tried to show how I put them together to create a new Scandinavian boho look.
Copper has been such a huge metal choice in the last year. The undertone in the metal is warm with a mix of brown, orange, and a slight hint of blush pink, which make it go so well with pastel. Its reflective property can open up the space and make it bigger and brighter.
Mixed with pink pastel, Copper seems so become so subtle but so clean in its lines are finishes.
These are a few pieces I found, which can change up your space with small touches.
These are some small ways you can incorporate colour into your house without it being too over-powering. Colour is very important to choose as the tones can set the way you feel in a space.
People usually stay away from colour because they don’t know where to use. I hope these pictures can you give you idea on how to use colour and how to make it seem less distracting.
1. Having a statement piece like a couch. One of the ways you can include colour is by having a big statement piece and then, have the remaining of the house in neutral colours. This gives the house a little life and then its very easy to decorate the rest.
2. Adding small pops of colour with plants. I think plants are the easiest way to incorporate colour into your house. They bring life into the house, using fake plants can help with little to no maintenance and the green add such a nature vibe to the space.
3. Woods / Browns are a really great earthy tone colour for homely vibes. I love really light / almost white wood. they give a very clean but still has that really homely feeling.
4. Adding small snips of colour on cupboard or with books, can brighten the space.
5. Cushions can add a subtle pop of colour. Cushions are one of the best ways to incorporate colour. They don’t cost money, you can change them up every season, and they are just very small pops of colour.
6. Adding an accent wall. Lets say, you have already decorated your house and you just feel like it has no life or the space is lacking strong features. An accent wall is a big statement, but if done right can enlarge the walls and give it that grandeur effect. Also, if you do not want any colour, adding texture to the wall can achieve the same effect.
7. Adding accent chairs to a space. Accent chairs are also a great idea to set the mood of the place. In the example below, you can see how they have just a simple black and white house but adding these orange accent chairs just changed the space up!
These are some ways to incorporate colour. Colour may seem a very challenging decor idea but its very simple and in the end it is your space so feel free to express yourself!
These are some easy ways you can incorporate the scandinavian trend into your house without spending so much money! The Scandinavian trend is known to be very minimal, clean and white. I think these small trinkets will give you that kick start into a scandinavian lifestyle.
1. I love these wall shelves! They are such a fun way to hang frames and they give it such an expensive and clean look. You can also add some smaller peices and not only frames.
These are some ideas and details on how to create a cozy environment in your house. We always have the place in our house where no one really uses and its wasted space, and turning it into a cozy little area for you or your friends to just relax, read a book or chill at will definitely give its purpose!
Dining table benches are very in this year! They are great space savers and can provide more seating areas.
One of the ways you can cozy up the place is by adding shelves.
Adding a pop of warm colour makes the area seem more inviting.