Summer is coming up soon or may have already started where you are, and these are some ways you can make the transition from spring to summer. Scandinavian decor works so well during summer because of its simplicity and elegance. Summer is mostly directed to minimal, clean and bright spaces for a peace of mind during the heat.
The best way to incorporate summer into your home is to have a white base and add some wood accent features throughout the space. For a more cohesive look, try and match all the wood color and texture. It makes the room seem more put together and luxurious in its own scandinavian way.
These are five ideas to help you make the transition:
- Use transparent type chairs to open the space. In the image you can see how the the space is more brighter and bigger due the the opacity – ness of the chairs. This creates a beautiful summery aesthetic for your home. The color of the chairs are also very important because it helps with neutralizing the space by matching it to the walls and surrounding.
2. Pops of colour. Summer is the best time for color but for a scandi design too much color can look very messy and busy. Using just a pop of color in the more muted/ pastel zone can help bring some summer to your home. If you still feel the color is too strong, opting for some plants can also do the trick.
3. If you still feel the color is too strong, opting for some plants can also do the trick. In the image below, you can see how simple and clean the green looks with the black and white, this helps to bring in some color for summer but simple remain true to the scandinavian design.
4. Allow as much a light to enter, it gives the illusion of larger spaces. Reflecting light is very important for scandinavian design. It is one of their main features because the enlarges the space to seem bigger. In the image below you can see how small the bathroom really is but because of the light source coming from the ceiling and reflecting on the white marble walls, it just makes the space seem so much more bigger.
5. Having white clean surfaces, allows light to reflect making the space seem very bright and summery. Try to not keep many items on your counter space as it can look very cluttered and especially for small spaces, it can make it look even more congested.